Review Batch Creation

Keaton Young

Can we get a tool that will create batches(saved searches) of say 500 items or 100 items based on keyword search results so that we can help out clients with their workflow?

This will be especially useful for those cases where the client is reviewing a large amount of documents and is using a list of keywords and there are multiple tags/hits. That way the document will be assigned once and will only be reviewed by one person.

Hi Keaton

One way to achieve this is to export an item ID list  by using "Export table as CSV" operation on the selected results with a single "Item ID" field. Then the ID list can be divided as needed using any text editor and the fragments are imported into "Item ID Lists" facet to create those item batches.

Another way is to use the same procedure but with the "MD5 Hash" field and the "MD5 and Message Hash" facet. Unlike the first one, this method will ignore duplicate items (i.e. will work like the results table was deduplicated before exporting).

The method Alex describes is exactly what I do on my larger Connect cases, you can also run the keyword searches required then highlight and tag off the batches yourself using parent/child tags. The flag column lists numbers starting at 1 so it's easy enough to scroll down to 1000, highlight, then create your tags (Parent --> batch 1, Parent-->batch 2 etc).

I'm running a review case at the moment where I tagged up a few hundred thousand files using 16 different keywords in batches of 1000 for my client, took me less than 30 mins to pre batch it like that for them.

• 2 weeks later...

So that is something that we have been doing, tagging the batches based off of the Item ID's. One of the issues we are having is keeping emails in chrological order with their attachements in batches.

We have a case with hundreds of thousands or emails and attachments. The client would like to review the documents and their attachments in chrological order. The client also does not want to click on the attachment tab when they open the file.

Have either of you found a way to get emails in chrological order with their respective attachments?  I have noticed that Item ID does not work.

You should be able to achieve this by using the date fields, either sent or received.

If you sort by the date first, then apply your pre-review tags into batches you will have them batched up in chronological order, then when your client wants to review ensure they sort by the same field you did (either sent or received) and they should have the batches in chronological order as well.

I think your client will have to accept there are some limitations to how the software operates as he's going to have to click on the 'attachment' tab to view the attachment related to that email, unless you want to go through and spend a few weeks pre-tagging all the emails and their related attachments in such a way as that they could all be reviewed as individual documents, you could do it by the way if you are really keen.