Wish list

AdamS

Adam,

I'll talk about this "tag locking" idea with my colleagues. Seems like a good concept, so I'm wondering if ever considered it and if other customers have asked for it before.

The 2nd idea about rudimentary search UI has been already asked few times, but not recently. In general I'm ok with such feature, but it seems a lot of work. So I think it would be better if we gradually add more permissions that can hide certain parts of the UI until case managers can customize such interface themselves. We have few of those on our radar already (like hiding Cluster Map) so it might be simply a matter of time.

Sounds good Lukasz, I have a few Connect cases running at the moment and in general the feedback is very positive (especially compared to the 'big player') so these type of customisations are helping seperate and elevate (not a bra advert) Connect from the other players.

On that note, some more user requests.

1 - The ability to customize some of the default parameters. Specifically the request was the ability to lock the 'deduplicate' button so that it could not be 'un-deduplicated'. They wanted some way to assure themselves that once set it could not be inadvertantly unset. More a piece of mind thing than anything, but it got me thinking about the ability to customize some of the default settings and behaviour of Connect when we set up the case. Some sort of config options or config file that we (the administrator) could set up for our client to customize the view and some options. For me the customization is a very strong point, but some of my clients are stuck in the ways of other tools and want to be able to duplicate that behaviour (to a fashion) to remove the possibility of accidentally changing things.

2 - This could also be taken as a question. Can we reset the stats? My clients are about to start a review on a historical job and it would be handy if we could remove the 'preview' status on all items so they can start fresh and track which items they have previewed. Presently many of the items have been previewed by me on the original analysis.

Hello Adam,

About your request on setting the default settings of a new case: I could see that being added in a future release.

Default settings can be mimicked by simply copying the [case folder]/prefs/case.prefs file from one case to the next, but clearly this can be made a lot more userfriendly, especially for Connect where file system access on the server may be non-trivial. Locking certain settings using permissions would be a logical next step.

The deduplication setting is tricky though: deduplication takes one item out of the set of duplicates, but it is not defined which one is taken. If tagging is not set to "tag duplicates", this may sometimes give the appearance that tags are lost.

Resetting the stats sounds like a useful feature too, I'm making a note of this.

I agree on the locking duplicates button and have already explained to them that there is no way to determine which duplicate(s) will be shown/hidden.

Some more requests

This sort of goes in hand with default settings but the quick tag behaviour seems to be dynamic in that it changes to reflect the most recently used tags rather than being static. I think I'd previously suggested increasing the number of quick tags beyond 9, the numpad could be used for the first 9 then it would have to be mouse click for the others, but increasing the number would enable the tags to remain static without losing any functionality. Currently my clients are reviewing with 12 set tags but they have 1 which is vital and it keeps vanishing off the quick tag list when other tags are used.

In the short term is there a way to assign a tag to stay in the quick tag view?

Retain keyword information - If I run a keyword list or search in the initial results the applicable keyword is highlighted in certain views, however if I apply a tag to the responsive emails, clear the search results then view the data via the tag the keyword information is lost. This type of information is not always going to be relevant so I don't think this should be a default behaviour, but perhaps a 'retain keyword hits' radial button when applying tags. As I think on it I realise this would be difficult as not all searches will result from keywords, but some way to retain this data would be beneficial.

Have tag information visible when 'raw data' tab is selected.

In some cases raw data is the only view available and with this view there is no information to show existing tags. The only way appears to be by selecting 'tags' and seeing if any ticks are in boxes. Perhaps make this information permanently visible on the left hand side with its own little banner field below the print/save etc buttons?

When applying tags the normal tag field has predictive capability, but the parent tag is a static drop down list. Can get difficult to navigate when you have hundreds of tags to choose from, dual capability here would be fantastic. Drop down list with text field at the top that has predictive capability so we can just start typing the parent tag we want and have the drop down list dynamically change according to what we type.

In the short term is there a way to assign a tag to stay in the quick tag view?

In the Search view, open the Tags facet, right-click on the tag and select "Pin tag..."

It would make sense to make these tags pinnable from the Previewer as well though...

All your other requests are great feedback!

Thanks Christian, these are mostly client driven feedback so there will always be a certain amount of "trying to make it more like another tool" but all in all the responses has been very positive.

Currently we can only PIN 3 of the quick slots, it would make sense to lift that number to 9 if possible.

• 1 month later...

A couple here:

• Double click to have the same effect as pressing the 'search' button when dealing with facets would be great. If you have a large case with hundreds of tags it's sort of annoying to have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the facet field to find the 'search' button.
  • Be able to import MD5/DocID lists on the fly. By this I mean at the moment we can search for a single ID or import a prepared txt file, it would be fantastic if the search for multiple MD5 or DocID that have been copied from the clipboard.

The way the second one has come about is that I'm migrating across a set of pre-existing tags from one case to another where the data has been re-indexed so DocID's have changed but MD5 should be constant, there is also new data sources.

I've created a master CSV that has all the MD5 and correlating tags and I am using the filter functionality of Excel to create text files for each tag with their MD5 hashes but it's quite time consuming for several hundred tags. If there was a way to search for multiple MD5 without having to import text files then I could be applying the tag sets on the fly so to speak and save a heap of time.

The ability for server admin (ie me) to remotely log out reviewers.

I have a few that consistently forget to shut their browser or log out, so they are constantly logged in and presumably hogging system resources. Even if they're not using resources it's still annoying :)

Alternatively an auto log out time for inactive users that we can set server side, that way we can control it to a degree and decide if they will be auto logged out after 10 mins or after an hour.

• 2 months later...