No License Found

philrodo

I'm finally getting around to testing the Connect beta, but I'm not having much luck running it. Whenever I start it, I get an error that says "No Intella Licenses Can Be Found -- Please Contact Sales@vound-software.com to resolve this matter." 

I thought this might have had something to do with RDP, so I went to the actual testing station and ran it from there, but I got the same error. We have licenses for Intella 250 and Intella viewer, and Intella and the dongle manager have no problems.

However, we recently transferred our licenses to an Intella Network dongle. Could it be that Intella Connect doesn't support the Network dongles? If so, is there a workaround on this? 

Please advise. Thanks. 

After I posted the previous message, I thought of running Intella Connect on the workstation that has the Intella Network dongle physically connected to the USB port. As soon as I did, I had no problems running Intella Connect from that workstation. 

So it seems that Intella Connect is oblivious to the Intella Network dongles. I presume that this is something that needs to be fixed. 

Hope this helps. 

Hi Philrodo!

This sounds to me like a first point from our troubleshooting guide: http://community.vound-software.com/index.php?/topic/66-troubleshooting-advice/

Remote connections and VM support will be available after a final release, as this requires Connect license be available on your Dongle. We are not issuing those yet.

When you install Connect you will get a 30 days Trial license, which is tied up to the machine that you have installed it on.

Best regards,
Łukasz

When you install Connect you will get a 30 days Trial license, which is tied up to the machine that you have installed it on.

Well, so why I couldn't run it from the first workstation I installed it on, initially? I was not accessing that station via RDP. When I installed it on the station that had the Intella Network dongle, it ran without giving me the "intella licenses can't be found error." If I'm right, it sounds to me that even on the local station it's polling the dongle and since no dongle was connected to the first station, it gave me the error. In other words, are you sure that Intella Connect has been programmed to poll the network for a dongle license?  

Hi Phil,

Intella Connect does not use a dongle at the moment, it is purely a trial license. For Connect to use a dongle we would have to put the " Intella Connect Product "beta 2" on to your dongle. So in effect Connect ignores your dongle. 

We use a trial license at this stage to ensure that beta's are not used past 30 days . In the past we have had people reporting bugs from old beta's when they should have been using the new beta. Not sending people a Connect license for their dongle ensures that does not happen. 

I am not sure why it ran on one PC and not the other when you were local to the system. Could be the trial license did not install correctly on the first system.

Well, so why I couldn't run it from the first workstation I installed it on, initially? I was not accessing that station via RDP. When I installed it on the station that had the Intella Network dongle, it ran without giving me the "intella licenses can't be found error." If I'm right, it sounds to me that even on the local station it's polling the dongle and since no dongle was connected to the first station, it gave me the error. In other words, are you sure that Intella Connect has been programmed to poll the network for a dongle license?  

Philrodo this sounds like exactly an issue that I'm having with my analysis machine. I'm going through trouble shooting at the moment with one of the Intella people, but apparently there are a small percentage of machines where the trial license just won't install as part of the install process. I can't run connect on my main analysis machine Win7 x64 partition, but if I reboot the same machine into XP it works just fine.

I'm hopeful they come up with a fix soon as I need to run this on my Win7 partition as this is my main OS for that machine. Failing that will have to wait until I upgrade/replace my machine before I can use it properly.