Intella Pro Issue

fuzed

I've not used pro on this desktop in quite a while, but I've just updated it, checked the licence and know it's valid till next year, licence is upto date on the dongle, softwares upto date.  The machine is running Windows 10, and I know Intella works on a Win 10 box as I've had it running on here previously.

I'm trying to create a new case to replace one that appears to have corrupted, but am finding when I select Add, fill in all the details then click 'OK' nothing happens.

I can click OK over and over again and still nothing happens.

I've tried to run as administrator, still nothing.  

I've uninstalled Intella, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted and still nothing...

I am at the end of my tether today with this!

If anyone knows of what it could be please help.

I do have Windows Defender installed, have added to the exclusion list.

something very odd going on, I've uninstalled the software, reinstalled, installed an older version and still nothing.

When I click OK, the edges of the button flash blue for a short period of time, but then does nothing.

You may also need to add all HASP/ Safenet / Sentinel folder to the Whitelist. If you have anything like AVG of Kaspersky suggest you uninstall them completely.  They often cause issues from dat to dat. 

Again this is a new issue to us. Hence is most likely a external cause.  

FYI, I tried creating a case in a folder to which I don't have write permission, and creating a case in a folder that already holds data. In both cases I get an error dialog, so this does not explain what you are seeing.

You may want to take a look at the Case Manager's logs. These are separate from the individual case logs. They are located in C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Intella\logs. Perhaps there is a clue in there.

I know you said you've had it working on Windows 10 before but I just wanted to comment that I've had some issues with Windows 10 doing random things with forensic software of various types. Nothing I could ever pin down to a particular suite as it was very random, but the general instability led me to go back to Win7 which seems to be a lot more stable.

For me, I won't be touching Win10 again until all the vendors have signed off on their software being fully compatible.

• 4 weeks later...

I know you said you've had it working on Windows 10 before but I just wanted to comment that I've had some issues with Windows 10 doing random things with forensic software of various types. Nothing I could ever pin down to a particular suite as it was very random, but the general instability led me to go back to Win7 which seems to be a lot more stable.

For me, I won't be touching Win10 again until all the vendors have signed off on their software being fully compatible.

So what is official Vound's position about full compatibility with Win 10 across the products (Pro/ TEAM/ Connect)?

Are they all 100% compatible?

I'm just wondering whether update to Win 10 or not...