Changing from User Account start to Service Account start

dpmills

When I first installed Intella Connect, I did not have a service account and did not want to have a service starting in the background with my username attached to it (so I could prevent locking myself out every time I had to change passwords). I have since set up a service account for Intella Connect to do just that. Is there a way, without uninstalling Connect, to get the installation options again to start Connect as a service?

I don't know the answer to your question but just as a point of interest I moved away from having Connect as a service as the server would on the odd occasion become unresponsive and freeze up requiring a reboot (Server 2012 OS).

I put the connect.exe in the startup folder the old school way and since switching back have had no freezing issues. It may be purely something that happened on my server but thought I'd mention it here in case you get some issues with the service.

Is there a way, without uninstalling Connect, to get the installation options again to start Connect as a service?

Yes, there is such an option. You can do that using a script named "connect-service.bat" which is located in Intella Connect installation folder. It's usage is very simple, and looks like so:

connect-service.bat COMMAND USERNAME PASSWORD

COMMAND can be one of the following: install / uninstall / start / stop / debug. You are of course interested in the first value.

USERNAME and PASSWORD should be provided for the user account under you wish Connect to run.

When you launch this script with proper parameters Windows should ask you to confirm administrative action. After that Intella Connect Service should be visible in Services window.

Please read this section of user manual, if you haven't already: https://www.vound-software.com/docs/connect/1.9.0/admin/03_01_connect_as_service.html