Wish: Display list of attachments in left frame?

dale

One feedback that I got from multipe of our reviewers is that it would make their review more efficient by making attachments to an item (i.e. email) directly available along side with the contents without having to select the Attachments or Tree tab.

I'd think there to be space for this in the left frame beneath the arrows. I'd be interested to hear others' views.

I just realized that this would actually be more relevant for Intella Connect than TEAM.

post-548-0-01787500-1402604009_thumb.png

Hi Lukasz

Good question. A thumbnail when hovering the mouse over it?

Upon clicking on it I think opening a new tab for the attachment in preview mode might make sense. In any event it should be possible to quickly flip through all attachments, i.e., the new tab should probably have (green) arrows that allow to navigate through the attachments of an item in sequence. Alternatively viewing of attachments could accomodated in the item's tab (but I am not sure how you'd handle the navagiation back to the actual item).

Dominique

My only concern would be the possible impact it may have on rendering the screen as a whole. When we preview attachments there can sometimes be a few second delay while Intella converts and displays the preview of the attachment, if this can be managed in a thumbnail way without causing too much of a delay on displaying the rest of the data then it would be great.

I can see some possible issues with emails that have large amounts of attachments as there is limited space to display the thumbs of the attachments so there would also need to be some way to quickly determine the amount of attachments as well, perhaps the thumb(s) that are displayed could have a little 1/12 down the bottom to denote 'attachment 1 of 12' or something similar. This will avoid the impression that the displayed attachment is the only one for that email.

Clearly the goal should not be to clutter up the screen or to slow down things. The pop-up thumbnails might not be such a great idea after all. However, having a listing of the first x-number of attachments would be seem beneficial.