Custom MBOX splitter - free utility for 2703d Gmail dumps!

ŁukaszBachman

Gmail sends out custom MBOX files as a response to a 2703(d) court orders. These MBOX files can be formatted in a non-standard way, which may cause issues when indexing with Intella. To remedy this, we have created a free utility to split a 2703d MBOX dump into a set of separate *.eml files. These files can then be indexed in Intella and reviewed in a much more efficient way. This utility is free of charge and available for download in our Knowledge base (see link down below).

http://support.vound-software.com/Default/Knowledgebase/Article/View/182/79/custom-mbox-splitter---free-utility-for-2703d-gmail-dumps

Kind regards,

Łukasz Bachman

• 2 years later...

I've tried to install the mbox splitter from the zip file  -- I have unzipped the files and editted the batch file, however when I run the batch file, I get a long error string:

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportClassVersionError: GmailMboxSplitter : Unsupported major.mino version 51.0"  

I have the latest version of Java currently installed on this machine (Version 8, Update 66) -- has been restarted several times.   Please advise.

Hello gcahlik,

Can you share the edited version of CustomMboxSplitter.bat file you used please? Can you double check that you specified the correct path to Intella on the first line?

I have the latest version of Java currently installed on this machine (Version 8, Update 66) -- has been restarted several times.

Please note that the tool uses the Java bundled with Intella, not a system one.