Comparing Intella X "others"

jmacedo

In hindsight I thought I'd better edit my original reply, so in a nutshell what I was trying to say is below.  :)

In terms of the review process there is little difference in a head to head with the other tools.

For me I've found Connect to be much faster for the remote review and the interface is much simpler and more intuitive for the end user to use.

• Like 1

Amazing! I'm thankful for sharing your knowledge.

In my forensics procedure, normally I execute the acquisition with FTK Imager or a live Linux distribution (to generate a E01 file - one E01 file acquisition per custodian). All E01 files from a specific case are processed with Intella Pro (desktop client) and reviewed with Intella Connect.

Again, thanks for share your thoughs and if anybody else could share some other feelings, please, do it.

Hi Jefferson,

Firstly, please not that Intella/Connect do not have issues with large datasets. We have a number of customers who have processed cases of over 15TB with no issues. These cases are a lot larger than your 3TB case, so the size of the case is not an issue here, and the size would not cause 500 or 504 errors.

Secondly, we notice that you don't have enough RAM on the system. In the link below it states "Example; a 1TB case should have no less than 64 gig and appropriate hardware specifications". You should provision more memory for this case if it is over 3TB in size. A lack of memory could be causing your issues.

In addition, you can have issues if you have complex keyword lists that are not formatted correctly, or use special/reserved characters.
  • Like 1

Hi,

We know that all vendors work hard to create the best software they can. So as a policy and sign of respect we do not comment or make comparisons with other companies software.

We are experts on Intella, but not experts on our competitors features or products. We do know that some other vendors have and use "battlesheet" comparisons. We feel this is just a race to the bottom and not something we want to take part in.

If you talk to any analytics guy he'll always tell you the biggest time factor is data cleansing. 

It's the same with keyword lists that clients provide. I generally take the keyword list and fix the issues, it's far easier than trying to convince them of the need.