Loss of quality after indexing

AdamS

I'm running some tests at the moment on ingesting large amounts of PDF invoices to assist with an internal matter and I'm noting quite a loss of quality from the original PDF doc to what is shown in Intella.

The original has solid text and clearly visible print, however after indexing there is quite a bit of fading and text is grainy..ish...

I've attached a couple of small pics to demonstrate. The quality loss is by no means drastic and the resulting file can still be read, but I'm thinking what might happen if I export these PDF docs for OCR, then import the results what my overall quality loss may be?

post-25-0-49303400-1462776344_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-90183400-1462776350_thumb.jpg

This is in the Preview tab......however I think I see where you are going with this.

I'll export the files from Intella and see if the quality loss replicates or if it's simply a preview rendering issue, as I understand from your previous advice that the rendering of PDF's in preview mode is not a simple matter.

Edit: Confirmed, this is a preview issue only, when I export or view in native application there is no loss of quality.

Edited by AdamS