Subject Line Missing from Body when exporting to PDF

philrodo

I thought this had been reported previously, but I can't find a post here. When exporting emails to PDF the subject line is missing from the page that prints the message contents. It only shows up on the cover sheet. Is that because the "subject" shows up as a Title on the page? Reviewers that may not be familiar with this, would be looking for the Subject line as part of the standard header. Perhaps, the word "Subject:" could be added to the title?

Please see attached screen clipping 

post-425-0-73145800-1441245272_thumb.png

Hello Phil,

It is indeed shown at the top of the page instead. However, when you do a Print Tab from the Previewer, you get the subject both as the title and in the headers part. I will consult with the developers why this is not done consistently.

Hello Phil,

Your screenshot shows a part of the email that is considered to be a so called "Original view", which is our attempt of rendering of what user would have seen in his native email client. Those usually render subject of the email as a larger header with most crucial email properties placed underneath. Since subject is already rendered at the top, then it's not repeated in the properties. Have a look at Outlook printouts, they are very alike.

Adding "Subject" prefix to this title could add more confusion to users, raising questions as to where did this extra text came from (we had customers pointing it out to us before).

You can still choose not to render the "Original view" of the email and simply include "Extracted text" as the message body. Doing this and customizing which Properties are rendered on the cover page should give you what you need.