Previewer or Search Error after sharing case: Cannot evaulate query: Format version is not supported

markjrouse

I've got a case that was shared through Intella Connect. The review is now completed and I've unshared the case and opened it in Pro.  I'm now experiencing an error when I either try and run a search terms or view an item in the Previewer.

It comes up with an: Cannot evaulate query: Format version is not supported (resource: MMapIndexInput(path="C\<redacted>\<redacted>\<redacted>\index\modifableText\segments.gen")): -3 (needs to be between -2 and -2)

Program info:  Intella Professional 1.7.3-r27410

Cause:  org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFormatTooNewException: Format version is not supported (resource: MMapIndexInput(path="path="C\<redacted>\<redacted>\<redacted>\index\modifableText\segments.gen")): -3 (needs to be between -2 and -2)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:722)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.StandardDirectoryReader.open(StandardDirectoryReader.java:52)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:66)
 at com.vound.gee.lucene.LuceneIndex.openIndexSearcher(LuceneIndex.java:1170)
 at com.vound.gee.lucene.LuceneIndex.getDocIDs(LuceneIndex.java:197)
 at com.vound.gee.lucene.LuceneIndex.getDocIDs(LuceneIndex.java:183)
 at com.vound.gee.lucene.LocalLuceneFacet.getDocuments(LocalLuceneFacet.java:69)
 at com.vound.intella.model.query.KeywordQueryResult.getIdSet(KeywordQueryResult.java:52)
 at com.vound.intella.model.query.QueryResultBase.setContents(QueryResultBase.java:240)
 at com.vound.intella.model.query.QueryResultBase.evaluate(QueryResultBase.java:209)
 at com.vound.intella.model.query.QueryResultBase$1.run(QueryResultBase.java:269)
 at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Ok, so I think I know what might be the issue here. You are running more recent version of Connect (1.7.4 snapshot) which has modified a part of a database in a way that the older version (1.7.3) does not understand. I think that running more recent version of PRO (closer to the version of Connect) would help you out in opening that case again. I will find matching version and send it to you in a private message (posting links to installers on the forum is not allowed).

In the meantime, please make sure to back up your case properly. This is always adviced, but of utmost importance when working with interim builds.