Connect Bug

AdamS

I'm seeing some problems with the activity log screen missing data.

The activity log works fine when someone is active but once they log out the data is no longer visible (which I assume is by design) then when they log back in the data repopulates.

However data is often incomplete or missing all together. There is no set pattern, some times a whole day's worth of activity is missing, other times just the activity from a particular user.

Is this a browser issue possibly? I'm seeing it in firefox but haven't looked at Chrome or IE yet.

Edit : bug is consistent with all browsers.

If it is possible to have this activity log remain visible all the time, maybe mirroring a local xml or html log file (non programmers thoughts) then it wouldn't be an issue. But I'm definitely losing activity data between log in events.

Adam, could you search through your logs and look for similar occurrences?

[ERROR] 2014-05-22 09:26:40,650 [pool-1-thread-1] Failed to read event of type class com.vound.intella.model.events.UserLoggedInEvent, insufficient or corrupt event data

It would be enough to grep for "insufficient or corrupt event data" or "Failed to read event of type class" because other parts will change with each occurrence. After that, can you send me your findings?

"

Hi Lukasz, I'm seeing that exact error in pretty much all the Connect warning log files. Sometimes it's several one after another but more commonly it's sporadic but multiple times in each log file.

I'm happy to zip up and send you those log files if you think it will assist.

Yes, that would certainly help! It looks like one of the events got broken in events log and this is preventing it from being properly read/written. 

One solution for you might be to delete the old event log file, if you are willing to sacrifice all events stored there (renaming is option in case you need that later). It's called "events.log" and is stored in "audits" folder. 

We could make this mechanism more robust but we have other plans for replacing it entirely with more advanced auditing tool. So I'll have to look into logs to see if this is just about one event or perhaps more got broken.