Auto-tag with Exclusions

Hi!

I would like to auto-tag items via a keyword list--but only if those items do not contain exclusionary keywords.  In other words, I want to tag all the items that contain the keywords from List A but *do not* contain the keywords from List B.

I know that I can run List B and exclude the results.  If I then auto-tag List A, however, all items from List A are tagged, ignoring the exclusion of List B.

Does anyone know of a good way get this task done efficiently?  I can do this manually by auto-tagging List A, then running List B, and removing the tags of items contained in both lists.  The extra steps of this process invite human error, though, so I'd prefer not to have to do it this way.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I think the best way to do this is what you have already mentioned. First run list A, then run an 'Exclude' search on list B. Note that the items shown are items from list A, less the items returned from list B, so tagging what remains (shown in the table) will not tag everything from list A.