Custom export ordering

AdamS

We are looking at the other end of the e-discovery process with some of our clients, particularly around production, which is where this is coming from.

Example is that a Witness statement may make reference to certain documents and they will not be in any order or pattern, so we may need to present many documents in a completely random order. Currently I would have to print them out and manually sort, which is fine if there is only a handful of documents, but when we go into the hundreds or thousands it becomes and issue.

My thought is that the ability to import a keyword list that is already in the required order, and then maintain that document ordering through out the search and export phase. Possible a check box in the 'keyword' facet area that says 'preserve order' or 'preserve list order'. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Adam,

We have a work around for keeping the order for items that you have KW searched for. 

Because there is currently no setting to keep the results of searches in the same order as the items in the KW list, we need to populate a column which will retain this order. We can do this by searching and saving the hits into hierarchical tags.

Placing the search hits (from a KW list) into hierarchical tags automatically can be done by using a CSV KW list and the Auto-tag feature in the KW list Facet. A CSV KW list will allow you to enter search terms in column A, and you can also designate a tag for the hits of those terms in column B. You can use hierarchical tags in the KW list by entering the slash (/) between the top level tag and child tag (see sample below). 

KWList.jpg

In row 1 of the example above, the search term ABC.001.0000011 will be searched and the results will be placed into a tag named 900001, which is in a top level tag named TagOrder. I have used 900001 as the tag names are sorted in alphabetical order, not numeral order. Using numbers such as 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. for tag names will result in the order looking like this 1, 11, 12, 13, 14..... 2, 21, 22, 23 etc.

You can see in the image below that the Export set IDs can retain their order by sorting on the TagOrder column in the table view. 

TagOrder.jpg

I hope this helps.

Regards

Jon