Date Facet - include a checkbox to include all items without any date information

dale

What about adding a checkbox in the date facet that causes the search to include all items that do not have any of the date fields populated?

Say you want to create a filter that limits your view to items that were created, sent, modified etc. in 2014. The checkbox would allow for the easy inclusion of any items that do not have any date/time meta data.

Many thanks!

Dominique

Hi Dominique!

Can you explain that on a more concrete example? When I first read this request I thought that you wan't to find items that don't have any date associated with them. However the example that you provided afterwards tells me that it would be enough to search for time period 01/01/2014 - 31/12/2014 and select "File created, Sent, File Last Modified" checkboxes. That essentially helps you to narrow your results to items from this period. Where am I reading this wrong?

We often have the scenario that searches can be limited to a specific time-frame. This is where the Date facet comes in. The problem is then often that we have a lot of items where Intella was not able to populate any of the meta data date fields. For these items we cannot tell when they were created, last modified, sent etc. and hence we would have to include them in the searches/review to ensure we are not missing anything relevant.

In essence I am asking for a simple way to easily identify all these 'date free' items. It could also be an entry in the 'Feature' facet rather than a checkbox in the 'Date' facet. This may in fact be the cleaner solution.

• 3 months later...

Hi Dale, sorry for the slow response. One thing you could try is to use Items Table to find those items. Search for "Features > All items", then add "Primary Date" column to the table and sort your results using it. You should have items without any date grouped together. Of course this is a manual process (so Saved Searches won't help to automate this), but perhaps it could get the job done for you?