Processing Errors

markjrouse

Hi,

I've just finished processing a large dataset and looking in the Exception Report I have noticed the following errors, to which I'm not sure how to resolve, or what they mean:

Processing Errors

1. java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Non-extended character Pascal Strings are not supported right night.
  2. java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Unable to read 512 bytes from 20992 in stream of length 11638.
  3. java.lang.NullPointerException
  4. java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
  5. Not enough data (0) to read requested (2) bytes

Unprocessable Items

1. The supplied spreadsheet seems to be Excel 5.0/7.0 (BIFF5) format.   [i assume this is because it's an old Excel file, but what should one do when encountering these old Excel types?]
  2. Expected to find a ContinueRecord in order to read remaining 7 of 13 chars.
  3. Initialisation of record 0x55 left 2 bytes remaining still to be read
  4. The document is too old - Word 95 or older. Try HWPFOldDocument instead?
  5. For some emails I get the folowing in the warning description: "In-Reply-To header".  Does this mean it has found text or characters that can't be processed

Regards

Hi,

These warnings may indicate a variety of problems:

• Corrupted source files
  • Non-standard extensions to file formats and other format irregularities 
  • File format is too old and not supported

You can try to fix old format issues by converting the problematic files to a newer format with their native applications. MS Office formats are supported for Office 97 (8.0) version and above.

"In-Reply-To header" message indicates missing single metadata entry: this should not indicate any loss of message text content.

With the older versions of Excel or Word, what is the best way to automate the saving of lets say 570 Excel files in an older format into a new format? 

The only issue I can see with this approach is that: how do you get the recently saved updated version back into the parent email to overwrite the existing one?  Or if you import the 570 newley saved as xlsx files, and you add as a new source, how do you then link them back to their respective parents.  And of course, the metadata will be changed on the Excel files when you save it as a newer format.