ICW Files

AdamS

Just a quick question about importing ICW files.

I am looking at consolidating a few cases for archiving and this is my plan.

• Create ICW work files for each case
  • Consolidate all the source data (.nsf archives in this case) into a single folder
  • Re-index the entire source set with 1.8
  • Import the ICW files (2 created by 1.8 Beta 1 and the other created by 1.7.3)

My questions are these:

1. Will ICW files created with older and beta versions import cleanly to the latest build?
  2. Are the tags in these ICW fields dependent on the source locations being identical, ie do I have to maintain the original folder structure or can I simply dump all the NSF archives into a single folder and have the tags still relevent?

I should point out that two of the cases were originally indexed in 1.8 Beta 1 and I can't view these case files correctly in any version other than the Beta. I can open the files in 1.8 but the locations don't populate and nor does the preview pane, it simply remains blank when I try to list tagged items or emails etc..

Hello Adam,

I guess, by ICW you mean IWR (Intella Work Report) files.

Will ICW files created with older and beta versions import cleanly to the latest build?

This should work for work reports produced by Intella 1.6.4 and later (all 1.7.x) versions. Please try.

Are the tags in these ICW fields dependent on the source locations being identical, ie do I have to maintain the original folder structure or can I simply dump all the NSF archives into a single folder and have the tags still relevent?

To find the matching items between cases, MD5 hashes are used in the work reports. So, as long as MD5 values of items are the same (item content and metadata is unchanged), the tags will be relevant.

I should point out that two of the cases were originally indexed in 1.8 Beta 1 and I can't view these case files correctly in any version other than the Beta.

Please index your sources with the final release. Cases indexed in beta releases are unlikely to be compatible with any other version.

Ah yes IWR indeed.

I just finished indexing the consolidated data set 408 GB of NSF archives and a few hundred MB of documents (PDF, .doc etc). As a point of interest the same set of data took several days to index previously, it took around 24 hours this time, so massive improvement there. I suspect NSF archives are slower to index in general from what I've seen.

I'm importing the IWR files from the other 3 matters now so I will let you know how it goes.