Common/Frequent Character errors in PDF Exports

Adrian

When exporting to PDF, certain text characters (particularly punctuation like apostrophes) consistently appear as non-standard symbols in the resulting PDF, such as in the screenshot below (from a .msg file exported to PDF: 

image.png.f7e8ee65b4c5a43e9e08a69dcce406c8.png

The apostrophe displays correctly in the Intella preview window, but in the exported PDF it appears as a series of symbols. My PDF Rendering options include:

• Content as original view
  • For every email include: Body - Prefer HTML over plain text content (I select this option because I need the PDF to be the truest possible visual representation of the original email)

Is this a known issue and is there a resolution? If this topic has been addressed before please direct me to it (I had no luck searching the forum and manual).

Thanks Jon, will do. I'll need to find a sample email that replicates the issue but does not include any personal or sensitive information. When I locate I'll open a ticket and include the original email as well as the PDF export and export settings. Thx!

• 4 months later...
Guest Marco de Moulin

Hello @Rob TAYLOR,

Yes, we found the reason there were in some cases impropriate characters in PDFs created with Intella Connect and we have a fix for this. It will be part of Intella Connect version 2.6 which will be released soon. If you want, we can send you a patched Intella Connect 2.5.1.1 version which includes the fix as well. For this, could you reach out to support? They will be able to provide you with the appropriate installer. 

Regards,

Marco