Creation of PDF per family at export time

Carlos Garcia

Hello everyone,

Sometimes I come across projects where I need to export the entire data set as PDFs (PDF per email including its attachments), Intella gives the option to export pdf per item or one large pdf. When I have a case like this I have to use a different tool that allows me to do this. Has anyone dealt with this before? what has been the approach? Thank you in advanced. 

• 2 years later...
On 10/26/2020 at 1:23 PM, Carlos Garcia said:

Hello everyone,

Sometimes I come across projects where I need to export the entire data set as PDFs (PDF per email including its attachments), Intella gives the option to export pdf per item or one large pdf. When I have a case like this I have to use a different tool that allows me to do this. Has anyone dealt with this before? what has been the approach? Thank you in advanced. 

Good morning, 

Could you provide a little more detail about what type of export you are trying to use with Intella? It sounds like you are wanting to do a bulk export of a set of emails and their complete chains and attachments in a PDF file correct? 

16 hours ago, Edgar said:

What tool do you use to merge?

I'm in the same boat, I hope they add an option to merge parent and child when doing a PDF export.

Edgar, 

Could you also give a little more detail in what your are looking for in your export? You do have the ability to export an entire email and it's contents by using the PDF option in the export wizard. You can also use the Report option to generate all or selected metadata from your emails into a complete PDF export as well. 

I'd be happy to expand on both of these queries for you guys if you can shoot over a little more detail. 

Thanks, 

Chris

2 hours ago, Chris Rogers said:

Good morning, 

Could you provide a little more detail about what type of export you are trying to use with Intella? It sounds like you are wanting to do a bulk export of a set of emails and their complete chains and attachments in a PDF file correct? 

Edgar, 

Could you also give a little more detail in what your are looking for in your export? You do have the ability to export an entire email and it's contents by using the PDF option in the export wizard. You can also use the Report option to generate all or selected metadata from your emails into a complete PDF export as well. 

I'd be happy to expand on both of these queries for you guys if you can shoot over a little more detail. 

Thanks, 

Chris

I have a PST that I would like to export into PDF and keep the email and attachment together in one file. 

Ex. if I have 5 emails with each having 1 attachment (total 10 documents)  the export would have 5 PDF files. 

With Intella I can only export into individual PDFs which will give me 10 PDF file with the example above.

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

I have a PST that I would like to export into PDF and keep the email and attachment together in one file. 

Ex. if I have 5 emails with each having 1 attachment (total 10 documents)  the export would have 5 PDF files. 

With Intella I can only export into individual PDFs which will give me 10 PDF file with the example above.

I will provide an example of what I have done in a quick test here:

I selected two emails from my data set that both contain attachments. I create an export and select PDF

image.png

On the next page I choose the option for Export to single file. You can also choose to split it if it's large file. I left this unchecked. 

image.png

On the PDF rendering options page these were my options selected. I made sure to check attachment listing with details and attachments contents. You can also check prefer HTML over plain text to have the emails displayed in their native format. 

image.png

This produced a single PDF file export that contained both emails with all their attachments displayed and any meta data I customized to show in the report as well. I have attached what that report looks like as well if you'd like to see if this is what you were wanting to get with your scenario. 

testexport0001.pdf

1 hour ago, Chris Rogers said:

I will provide an example of what I have done in a quick test here:

I selected two emails from my data set that both contain attachments. I create an export and select PDF

image.png

On the next page I choose the option for Export to single file. You can also choose to split it if it's large file. I left this unchecked. 

image.png

On the PDF rendering options page these were my options selected. I made sure to check attachment listing with details and attachments contents. You can also check prefer HTML over plain text to have the emails displayed in their native format. 

image.png

This produced a single PDF file export that contained both emails with all their attachments displayed and any meta data I customized to show in the report as well. I have attached what that report looks like as well if you'd like to see if this is what you were wanting to get with your scenario. 

testexport0001.pdf 537.59 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks Chris but I don't think we are on the same page.

Let's take your export sample. It looks like it's 2 emails with an attachment each. My goal would be to have a PDF file for each email. I have attached of how it would look like , one PDF for each email and its attachment .

Venio has this export feature highlighted on the sample JPG

sample.JPG

Email1.pdf Email2.pdf