Export Set editing

Hi,

I'm in a real-world scenario with the production/export specifications changing over the course of this year.  I eventually needed to add a couple columns.  Easy to do if this is the first production, but many items have already been exported; It would be great to keep the same bates numbering for items being produced again.  Reproduction can happen due to family relationships.

I noticed the export-set-templates folder contains XML specs.  I had some success in editing these (after a backup, of course) to add columns, but when adding Intella Columns such as a tag, the tag ID I copy from a new template simply doesn't work in the export set template.

For example, Export Set ABC uses Template 1.  In order to edit ABC, I have edited Template 1 using a new template unrelated to a set, Template 2.  Unfortunately, the new columns are blank despite using the valid "lines" from Template 2's XML file.

Any idea if this is possible to do?

The alternative I'm facing at this point, is sending a new bates numbering scheme to opposing counsel and starting fresh.

On 5/28/2020 at 4:29 PM, jon.pearse said:

Hi,

Can you provide more information on what you are trying to do please. Are you saying that some items that were exported in a previous production are being exported in a new production, and you want to use the original bates numbering for those items?

Hi Jon,

I'm trying to add a column to the export preset linked to an export set.  It happens fairly often that there are levels of agreement between sides, and a change in specifications are not unheard of.

I can create a new export set, but my previously-produced items get new numbers.