Intella Connect local server vs cloud

Our shop currently uses Intella Pro + Review, but are looking to move to Intella Connect in order to have connectivity from remote office or when on the go (or working from home as many are doing currently).  I know that two options are host it yourself or host it in the cloud (Azure, AWS).  Personally I'd prefer to host in the cloud rather than have to worry about maintaining a system.  I'm already busy and adding infrastructure support (security, backups, availability, patch management) would be quite taxing.  By hosting in the cloud, some of that would be handled by the cloud provider.  And I see that we could use a network dongle that would have to be hosted locally and available to Connect in the cloud, which is fine.

Does anyone have experience hosting it in the cloud?  If yes, what provider do you recommend?  What setup (# of servers, RAM, cores, storage setup) do you recommend?   As for hosting in-house, what hardware would you need to do that (if that's the route I'm required to go)?  Do you need a few servers with a hardware RAID stored in a server rack in a proper server room (with adequate cooling)?  Or are most hosting it on a powerful PC sitting in your office?

I have past experience of working with AWS and I have used that experience to check Intella Connect with AWS - we have done some internal Vound testing of Intella Connect with AWS. We did not encounter issues with regards to running it on AWS. Jacques, as you mentioned, we have used network dongle to provide Intella Connect with license.

Please note that the hardware configuration is up to you. The above forum post outlines minimum requirements. It also mentions why we do not provide what is the ideal setup, because it also depends on your budget.

Thanks to both of you for your response.  I was speaking with a colleague of mine who deployed it in a similar environment that I will be deploying it, and he was able to deploy it on his older digital forensics tower PC.  So that's encouraging that it can run without needing a server.