Comments Field

philrodo

I realize that we can add comments to a file in Preview mode. But unless I'm missing the obvious, I don't see a way to select multiple files and add the same comment to the selected files simultaneously. 

Is there a way to do this? If not, can that be added to the future enhancements list? 

Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards, Phil 

Well, tagging is OK, but then again you have to go to the individual tags to read the comments (i.e., the comments won't show in a Tag column on the Details Table).

What really got me wanting to be able to add the same comment to multiple documents was this. I was asked to add the caption "Confidential" on all the documents that we were processing for production. When rendering to PDF or TIFF, I could only think of doing this using a Tag or a Comment in the Header. Incidentally, if we had the ability to enter free flowing text into the header or footer that doesn't originate from a pre-existing field that would also be a great enhancement. 

In our case, we had used the tags extensively. So if we added "Confidential" as another Tag and used the Tags as a header, all the tags in a particular document would print on the header. The comments hadn't been used, but I couldn't select a bunch of documents and add the same "Confidential" comment to multiple files. 

Regardless, I think that giving us the flexibility to add the same comment to multiple files at the same time, would be a nice enhancement. 

Best regards, Phil 

Thanks. I thought I should be able to do that, but didn't figure out how; it appeared to me that I could only use one of the pre-selected fields for the header and footer input. You mean just start typing on the lines outside the page, eh? What a novel idea. I was looking for a field that said something like "user input" or something so that I could type the input in directly in the header or footer. Oh well, next time....

I still think it's a good idea to be able to enter the same comment on a bunch of documents that have been selected from the table view, like we can do with Tags. 

Thanks. 

Best regards, Phil