Intella Spreadsheet Searching

JakeR

Hi,

I currently have a matter which is shared out using Intella Connect 2.2. 

This particular matter has a range of spreadsheets across multiple sources. Each of these spreadsheets has a reference number column in which the content takes the form of a combination of letters and numbers (e.g JR-0000).

I can see in the Contents and Preview Tab of a spreadsheet that the required reference number is present, however, when I copy and paste the reference number out of the content tab and then conduct a search across the whole data set, I do not find any responsive files. I have tried this within quotes, no quotes and even with wildcards but still, the spreadsheets don't seem to responsive.

To make things even more confusing, if I then conduct a search and preview the item ID of the initial spreadsheet which the content was copied from, the reference number is highlighted in the content tab like it should be responsive.  

Do you have any idea why this spreadsheet and others like this are not responsive to the search even though I can see the text is present?

Thank you for your help.

I don't really have an answer based on what you have described, but here is what I would do:

• Perform some proximity searches to see what those identify (e.g. "JR 0000"~3)
  • Go to the Words tab for some of the documents at issue and see if the search text appears there, and if so, in what fields 
  • Take a close look at the native files and investigate the presence of formulas that might be causing the issue 
  • Make sure the items aren't categorized as having some kind of processing error 
  • I see that you mentioned Connect.  Although it shouldn't be an issue, if possible, I would attempt to duplicate the issue in the Intella desktop software  
  • As a last resort, if you're seeing the text but not finding anything, you might want to export their extracted text and see if they contain the text you're after.  If so, you could either search those with another tool, or with Intella, and then tag those items in the original database via MD5, etc.

If you're still coming up empty after all that, the support team would probably be interested in examining a sample file to investigate further.

Hope that helps!

Jason