Fuzzy Searches & Search Hit Highlighting

Graeme

Hi all,

Please could you assist me with a couple questions/issues that I am having.

1. Can you search multiple words using the fuzzy logic? For example, I want to search "Research Centre" as a fuzzy search without having to do two individual searches.

2. I have approximately 1,000 search terms that I am running over one document. I know this is probably not the standard use of Intella but it is a one off project. No matter what I do I cannot seem to get the hit results highlighted. I have tried in Pro, Connect, Search, Saved Search, Batches etc and cannot get it to work. I can get the highlighting for one search term at a time but not for multiple search terms so is this possible or is there some sort of limit to number hits on one document?

Thank you,

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

I'm not sure why the hits are not highlighted. I will check with our technical team.

In the interim you could run several searches to narrow down and highlight the hits for the search criteria.

1) Run a search for research~ and run a separate search for centre~

2) Run a search for "research~ centre~"

3) Review the items in the intersecting cluster

The hits will be highlighted in the document from step 1. Step 2 narrows the number of documents down so you should only get relevant hits for the phrase.

I hope this helps

Regards

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your assistance. The highlighting issue has now been resolved. I am not sure what was wrong but after making changes to the search terms it is now working.

Please can I ask one further question. We are searching for approximately 1,000 terms using the fuzzy criteria. Is there anyway to get a detailed hit report that shows what the actual hits are as opposed to the search term? For example if I search Andrea~ I can see some of the hits are Andrea ; Andres ; Andrew etc but in order to see these I have to go into each document one by one or can I produce a hit report of some type?

Thanks again,

Graeme