Recommended OCR sw for Intella ?

Guest dk_mitch

Guest dk_mitch

HI everyone,

I am looking to hear back from Intella users who are also using an OCR software package.

I have a few hundred pages to index.

Br, mitch

Guest dk_mitch

I am also seeking clarification on this comment from Page 97 of the Intella 1_7_3 Users Guide

Warning: After items in a case have been OCRed, the case will not open anymore in Intella 1.7.

Is this something that has been corrected in 1_8 ?

Br, mitch

Hello Mitch,

With regards to the warning that you have mentioned: OCR in Intella was first added in version 1.7.1. This means that version 1.7 (which is older version than version 1.7.1 or 1.7.3) of Intella did not have OCR capabilities and does not recognize OCRed items. It is therefore safe to OCR items in a case created by Intella version 1.7.3 and it will open without issue later on in the same Intella version 1.7.3.

dk_mitch as far as I'm aware two of the better OCR packages out there are Abby and Maestro (I prefer Maestro), however both are very expensive and given you are only talking about a few hundred documents I think you'd be better off looking at Adobe's base products or even Abby Finereader.

Of course Maestro Recognition server offers a free trial that will handle up to a few thousand pages so this may actually do what you want and also give you a good look at the software.