Omitting LPP material for an investigation

Hi all,

I am new to Intella and using it for a case which has been subject to Legal Professional Privilege.

I've been given a batch of LPP material which needs to to be omitted before handing the case data over to the investigations team.

What is the best way to do this in Intella Professional 2.4.1?

Many Thanks

Stevie

Hi Stevie,

The safest option is to export out all of the items in the case apart from the LPP material, and load that into a new case. Note that Intella can export a selection of items into a new case. Once this is done you should run your LPP search criteria over the new case to make sure you did not accidently select any of the LPP for the export. Also, I'm not sure what the LLP requirements are, but items which are respondent to the LPP searches may also need to include families. 

Once you have created and checked this sub case, make sure you don't re-index it on the system where the original data resides. There is no reason to re-index the sub case, but doing so when the original source is available will result in the entire dataset being included in the case again (including the LPP material). 

image.png 

12 hours ago, jon.pearse said:

Hi Stevie,

The safest option is to export out all of the items in the case apart from the LPP material, and load that into a new case. Note that Intella can export a selection of items into a new case. Once this is done you should run your LPP search criteria over the new case to make sure you did not accidently select any of the LPP for the export. Also, I'm not sure what the LLP requirements are, but items which are respondent to the LPP searches may also need to include families. 

Once you have created and checked this sub case, make sure you don't re-index it on the system where the original data resides. There is no reason to re-index the sub case, but doing so when the original source is available will result in the entire dataset being included in the case again (including the LPP material). 

image.png 

Thanks Jon, that's really helpful.

This is actually my first LPP case and has been a bit of a nightmare as I have been given it to deal with two years after it began.

I've concluded and advised that it needs to be started over and Intella seems to be the best way forward.

Stevie