Importing call detail record (CDR) data from AT&T, Verizon, etc., to Intella

ldc2014153

Has anyone attempted to import call detail records (CDR data) from a cellular service provider (AT&T Mobility, Verizon Wireless, etc.) into Intella? I have a LOT of historical voice/SMS/data records, with and without cell tower location information, that were produced by carriers in response to subpoenas. I want to load them into Intella for communication analysis. If anyone has tried this before, I would appreciate any guidance you might be able to offer.

Although I haven't performed this specific task with CDR data, I'm familiar with it, and have performed similar tasks with all manner of misc. metadata.  Right off the bat, the only issue I foresee that you might run into is the inability to map data to certain fields in Intella.  Off the top of my head, I don't know if any fields that are essential to communication analysis that cannot be written to, but that's something you would need to investigate.  Perhaps a mod could speak to that specific issue.

That issue aside, the route to achieving this type of data import is via Intella's load file import functionality.  I don't know if you have any experience in the creation of custom load files of this nature, as it's not an introductory-level task, but by creating a DAT or CSV load file, and probably some custom columns to accommodate any fields that cannot be directly mapped to certain of Intella's internal fields, you should be able to achieve what you want.

I'm including a link to a presentation I did for Vound that is specific to load files, which will hopefully get you pointed in the right direction.

Jason

• 1 year later...

How accurate is Verizon CDR data? I mean what percentage of cell tower used  is missing for SMS communication?

I am interested in cell tower used by SMS for a particular month from Verizon and issued a subpoena for an active civil case?