Wish list/suggestions V2

PF1

When running a large keyword list search the results screen at the top will eventually switch to "sets" view as the balls become too interconnected to be of any visual use. 

If I want to view only a particular keyword result I select this from the "searches" box and they are displayed in the Details box, so far so good, now I want to select 2 keywords and as expected the results for both keywords are displayed in the Details box.

What I'd love to see is they ability to switch back to the 'cluster map' view to get the venn diagram back for selected items, specifically the intersecting ball with emails common to both keywords. Currently I'd have to run the search with just those keywords to get the balls back, but frequently we are playing with a very large list of keywords so having the ability to dynamically switch back would allow us to quickly isolate common emails.

• 1 month later...

Just wanting to revisit a wish I had from 2015 to bring it back to life.

The timeline view for intella, currently we can't do anything except export to PNG graphic file. Adding the ability to export to HTML or Excel would be a huge benefit. I'm constantly asked for timeline graphs/presentations from clients and have to resort to looking at other Analytics tools which are not exactly built for simple timelining, although they do an admirable job it seems a pity to waste the perfect timeline already showing in Intella.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I wonder if you could add this as a feature request to Intella and Connect?

Here’s the scenario where it’s being used in competitor products

1.       In eDiscovery cases, the first round of filtering by document type is often done in Encase.
2.       Both “live” and “deleted” files are exported directly from Encase into 1 Logical evidence file (L01) which retains the metadata attribute from Encase showing “Is deleted”.
3.       Then the L01 is uploaded to Nuix which does show the “Is deleted” column.
4.       The plan is to then further process and upload to Relativity.
5.       We would like to be able to skip points 3 and 4 and upload the L01 to Intella for processing, then use Intella Connect for review. Huge cost savings, far easier to manage etc.

I know there are other ways to export the data from Encase, such as separate folders for live and deleted, then use point 5 above. It’s just that the Nuix\Relativity camps have set up this method (point 2 above) which they advertise as making their products “compatible”, which is backed up by nice marketing.

I’m not a fan of either Nuix or Relativity. It would be great to break into their “compatibility” with Intella\Connect fully supporting all the L01 features features such as "Is deleted" and "Is overwritten" from L01 files.

• 1 month later...

I recently got asked for a "thumbnail report", i.e. extract certain items and some of their metadata (e.g. ID, file_name) and print them in a grid (say 4x5 on A4)...

While it looked easy, I couldn't think of way to do it directly in Intella and resorted to exporting metadata and native format images, then abusing imagemagick to thumbnail them and "simple" Perl/bash "one-liners" for the final layout. Mess!

Is there another (internal) way? Are those thumbnails (in thumbnail pane) exportable?

Is there any way to have other thumbnails for non-image files? Video may be obvious, but things like PPTX, PDFs (title pages), etc. also come to mind.

Finally being able to put that thumbnail in the PDF report somehow would be great!

(this sounds more like a feature request, that is why I moved it here)

"top 10/100 Web searched keywords", in Insight or as standard facet (under contents analysis)?

This may be a next-level extraction after browser artefacts are ready, e.g.:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&q=cat

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=cat

=> cat [32]     <-- "cat" was searched 32 times

NOTE: make sure you URLdecode parameters, there is more than English out there.

Of course the list of search providers can only grow and grow, so proper internal infrastructure is needed.

As an even more generic idea, things like file search in Windows (MRU, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WordWheelQuery) and potentially other sources 😁(fgrep find /{root,home/*}/.bash_history on linux images)😁

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kalin,

Re APFS support. This is high on our do to list. We are just waiting for the the functionality to become available.

Re thumbnails. We are looking to add a reporting wizard to Intella. This should include the mechanics to export images as thumbnails. Having thumbnails for other file types is a good idea, i will make a ticket for that.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It would be convenient to be able to import identities from a JSON/XML. In a corporate environment for example, you may have numerous bulk email addresses (i.e. All-Staff type of emails). I'd like to be able to keep a JSON/XML of identities of all bulk addresses (could also be for lawyers or any other special categories) that I could import into Intella rather than having to enter all those manually.

It could also be used to create a list of identities you are interested in for a specific case, although I appreciate that in this latter example, it might be just as easy to do that from the Identities interface in Intella rather than creating an XML to import into Intella. But for cases where you have identities that will cross cases (such as email addresses for bulk emails such as All-Staff and such), it would be very practical to be able to keep a living document of such identities that you can easily import into any case.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 1:45 PM, Jacques B said:

It would be convenient to be able to import identities from a JSON/XML. In a corporate environment for example, you may have numerous bulk email addresses (i.e. All-Staff type of emails). I'd like to be able to keep a JSON/XML of identities of all bulk addresses (could also be for lawyers or any other special categories) that I could import into Intella rather than having to enter all those manually.

It could also be used to create a list of identities you are interested in for a specific case, although I appreciate that in this latter example, it might be just as easy to do that from the Identities interface in Intella rather than creating an XML to import into Intella. But for cases where you have identities that will cross cases (such as email addresses for bulk emails such as All-Staff and such), it would be very practical to be able to keep a living document of such identities that you can easily import into any case.

Further to the above, I did find a work around. I have a text file with all bulk email addresses (one per line). Where I don't care if they are all one identity, I create an identity and add all those addresses to that identity, Bulk Emails.

On that note, probably the easiest experience for an end user would be the ability to export/import identities. In a corporate environment, you may have identities that you would like to have added to all cases you work. Being able to import identities that you exported from another case would be helpful. Ideally, being able to do multiple imports in case you have identities from a few different cases you want to bring in. Or where you export identities to different export files based on the organizational structure of your organization e.g., accounting, IT, payroll, etc. Whatever name you want to give to the files when you export so that you can selectively import what you want in a case.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in to express two wishes... One old and one new.

1. Back in 2014 when I started this "V2" thread, it was to request a bump of a feature request.  That feature was the ability to highlight any number of search results in the results listing and see the total size of the selection.  Seven years later and I still have to export out a CSV and tally the total size in Excel.  

2. Bates Labeling.  TRUE bates labeling.  Not page numbering with a prefix, but bates labeling that persists within the case over time.  If I need to re-produce data, it should get re-produced with the same bates label as before.  

Thanks,

Hello PF1.

1. You can view statistics now by pressing the RMB -> Show -> Statistics
Example in the attached screenshot.

2.We believe that the Export Sets functionality might suit your needs. Please review the user manual for Intella, section 13.2.4 or see the following link for the Intella Connect Reviewer manual:

https://www.vound-software.com/docs/connect/2.4.2/Intella Connect Reviewer Manual.html#_export_sets_2

image.png

I did not realize the Statistics option was available, thanks!

The implementation of export sets is not a traditional bates labeling scheme that is customary in the legal world.  Is there any plan to implement traditional bates labelling into the system?    

You bet Jon.  Most of my attorney clients require bates labels to:

-have a predefined prefix (e.g. "ABC")

-have a predefined number of digits backfilled with zeros (e.g. "ABC0000001") that is ultimately embossed on an exported PDF/TIFF in a load file

-have each individual page in an item (email, document) assigned sequential bates labels

-have child objects (email attachments) labelled sequentially directly after the parent item

-have a load file reflect the beginning and ending bates label for an item (e.g. "BegBates", "EndBates")

-have a load file reflect the beginning bates label of any parent/child item associated with the item 

When the load file is exported, it is customary to rename the native files to the beginning bates number, and name the text extraction and PDF/TIFF with the bates number as well.  The actual file name (or email subject) is referenced in the .csv, .dat, etc... that is exported with the load file. 

The bates number/range of the item would need to be recorded within the database so that it could be (a) searched for, and (b) re-applied if the item required re-production for any reason.

Am I missing somewhere in Intella where this functionality exists?

Feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can add.  Let me know if you need my contact info.

On 9/30/2021 at 3:45 PM, jon.pearse said:

Hi FP1,

Intella has all of the options which you have listed when exporting to load file format. You can also search for Export IDs in Intella. 

Jon,  I am very happy to hear this.  I must admit, I have tried to get the result I want but have not been able to.  I checked the user manal and the forums but dont see any kind of write-up or documentation for how to creates a prefixed ("ABC000001") bates label on each page in a load file export and include this as the load file file name and also in the CSV.  Is there documentation of how to accomplish this?

Jon, much appreciated, but I am not getting the results I discussed above.  Your config appear to be renaming the files with sequential numbers, and every page of a multipage file is getting the same number.  Additionally my Intella (2.4.2) seems to be ignoring the prefix I designate. I confirmed that based on this configuration, each file, regardless of page count, get the next sequential number.  Additionally, I am unclear on what endorsement option to choose in "Headers and Footers" to get a bates label endorsement on the image.

Is there a step-by-step walk through to get a bates labeled load file export?

1582278375_Screenshot2021-10-06151954.thumb.png.d583e1acfb97861b0d04a36588d49773.png

• 1 year later...

Apologies if this has been requested previously and my search did not locate it.

I am doing a lot of reviewing recently with multiple keywords.

When previewing the item on the Contents (or Preview) tab it shows me the located keywords and the count down the bottom, along with the controls to cycle through the matches.

What I'm finding is that I'll get a document that has 150 hits, and 149 of them are for one keyword (which I can't just exclude) and what I really want to see is that 1 hit for one of the other keywords.

I can work around this by flagging/tagging the items, clearing the search, bringing the flagged/tagged items back and then searching for the keyword(s) that wasn't the 149 hits.

What would be nice is if the interface down the bottom would allow you to somehow jump to specific keywords.

In a simplistic sense, imagine those shown keywords down the bottom left were actually clickable and if you did, the controls on the right would just "filter" to the clicked keyword instead?

There's likely a better way to do this - if I haven't thought of something please let me know.

While I'm here I have a vague recollection of maybe asking this somewhere before, so forgive me if I have.

One feature I miss (about the only one to be honest) from Nuix is the ability to select items and "exclude" them from the case entirely. When dealing with Legally Privileged material what I'm currently doing is tagging them and then excluding that tag every time I search. I know it probably gets tricky with families of items that would be "excluded" - how does that work with doing exports; if an email is not excluded but an attachment is, and the email is exported, can you tell it to not have that attachment - likely not as it is "changing" the parent item right?

Guest Marco de Moulin

Hello @ShaunC,

The selective keyword search does make sense. I will add it to our wish list for an upcoming release. 

When exporting an email to e.g. Original Format or PST format, it is exported with all its attachments embedded in it. The same applies to a Word document: it is exported intact, i.e. with all embedded items. Therefore, when an attachment is tagged as “privileged” and “privileged” is excluded from all results, but the email holding the attachment is in the set of items to export, the privileged attachment will still end up in the exported items. The solution is to also tag both the parent email and its attachment as “privileged”. The tagging preferences can be configured so that all parent items and the items nested in them automatically inherit a tag when a tag is applied to a set of items.

When filtering privileged information with the intent to export the remaining information, we recommend that you verify the results by indexing the exported results as a separate case and checking that there are no items matching your criteria for privileged items.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, Simon Céré said:

Hi All,

I would like to suggest an option to export documents with redacted items as semi transparent such as this:

image.png.6b9c4650ed320556902dad2df055b8b2.png

This would enable to consult with other people or other organizations. 

Thanks,

Hello Simon,

We thank you for this suggestion. We believe that this would be good upgrade to Intella's features. We do have an internal ticket for this and our dev team will be working on the possibilities to add this for future releases.

• Like 1