Wish list/suggestions V2

PF1

• 1 month later...

The insight tab is fantastic, what I'd love the ability to do is build a list of tasks, then only have to execute once and walk away for a few hours.

I"m referring to the OCR, generate thumbnails, email threading etc..

The ability to be able to tick any/all of the processes you want to run, then click "GO" would be a great time saver.

Hi Adam,

We have the dedicated Tasks feature for building and running tasks.

There are a lot of parameters and options to choose from when creating tasks so it would likely clutter up the Insight tab if we put the Tasks feature there. 

I can see the OCR option there but there is no way to do other tasks which I would consider fairly common on most jobs, ie:

• Export encrypted items
  • Generate Thumbnails
  • Content Analysis
  • Email Threading

So perhaps if they could be added to the tasks would be my wish :)

Another small wish is for alphabetical display order within all sections of the "identities" tab.

What I mean here is if you calculate identify suggestions the resulting list is in random order rather than alphabetical, likewise when you create an entity and click on 'suggestions' for the email addresses these are all random as well. It will make it visually less headache causing  :wacko: and far more importantly it will be easier to look through and find/select relevant entries.

Further wish involving the "Identities" tab, which I'm loving by the way. The ability to isolate an Identities email addresses based on if they were the sender or the receiver, so basically select Identity A and then click "Sender" somewhere and have all emails where they were the sender be isolated.

Hi Adam, I will let the dev team know about these requests.

For exporting encrypted items, you can create a saved search for Encrypted items, plus an exclude search for decrypted items. Then you can create a Task for the saved search and dedup the results, then export the items. As for the  following tasks, we would need to add this functionality.

• Generate Thumbnails
  • Content Analysis
  • Email Threading

Ahh okay I see how this works now, I was under the impression that I needed Step 1 and Step 2 before I was allowed to select Step 3. If I simply delete Step 1 and 2 it looks like I can just setup the ones I want as stand alone.

Thanks Jon :)

I'd like to second Adam's request for the ability to search email senders and receivers by Identity. I had a request today to find all emails between two people. Since each person may have multiple email addresses, it would be great if I could create Identities for them, then run a search that was essentially:

(From:Identify-A AND To:Identity-B ) OR (From:Identity-B AND To:Identity-A)

Wondering how hard it would be to allow the import of multiple key word lists at once?

I often have numerous lists that I need to run independently of each other, and it would be nice to be able to load them all in at once instead of having to load each one individually.

Hi Todd,

I'd like to second Adam's request for the ability to search email senders and receivers by Identity. I had a request today to find all emails between two people. Since each person may have multiple email addresses, it would be great if I could create Identities for them, then run a search that was essentially:

(From:Identify-A AND To:Identity-B ) OR (From:Identity-B AND To:Identity-A)

This should be possible with the use of Identities facet.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Switch to Social graph view
  2. Set Edges to Only Identities
  3. Use Identities facet:
    • Search for Identity A
    • Search for Identity B
  4. Select the edge connecting Identity A and Identity B

Hi PF1,

Wondering how hard it would be to allow the import of multiple key word lists at once?

I often have numerous lists that I need to run independently of each other, and it would be nice to be able to load them all in at once instead of having to load each one individually.

Thank you for suggestion. I will make a note of it and discuss it with our dev. team.

I have vague memories of asking about this before, but couldn't find any posts on it.

The Auto Tag functionality is great, but it casts a wide net and you don't appear to be able to influence it at all. It would be fantastic if we could have some options when using this feature, such as:

• Unique Tags only - by this I mean the option to have only a single tag apply to each item, this will avoid the same item having multiple tags and possibly getting reviewed many times. I assume this would work on a 'first hit applies' basis
  • Filters apply - it appears this Auto tag when used in conjunction with a keyword list will always search across everything. You can affect the search parameters using the 'options' menu under the main search bar, but you can't use facets to limit what the list is applied to. Example use a keyword list to search and auto tag only emails, or word docs.

A small cosmetic request. When using the 'tasks' feature to setup and run tasks such as OCR, Email threading etc, this isn't picked up by the insights tab.

After running all these via tasks the insights tab still shows that they have not been conducted. I'm not sure what would happen if I run the task again from the insight tab, but it would be nice if this was reflected there in the check boxes.

• 3 months later...

I would love to be able to search the message-ID field specifically, and do so via a keyword list.

What I am trying to do is find specific messages, but not the messages that reference to them.

I would like to be able to have a keyword list that looks like:

messageID:<ABC123>

messageID:<ABC456>

etc...

Is there currently a way to search this specific field only?

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 12:52 PM, PF1 said:

Any updates on this?

I am working on a case with ~13,000 search terms, and since Intella seems to not work with a keyword list of over 200 message ID or email Subjects (error= Query is too long), I am having to break the list into 50+ small keyword lists.  It would be great if I didn't have to import each one individually.

2 hours ago, jon.pearse said:

Hi PH1,

You can't search over the message ID field specifically in Intella. You can only narrow your search over the message headers or Raw data. 

I understand this, but in my case this does not work as I also get all OTHER messages in a conversation (since the Message-ID appears in the header of the other emails in the conversation).

That's why I am posting this in the "wish list" thread.  I am hoping Vound can make the message-ID a uniquely searchable field, like some of the other specific fields that can be searched.

Message hash is not necessarily unique, as the tool used to generate it may use different data to compile it (x-ways vs. Intella vs. Relativity, etc.), but the message-ID is unique to the specific email, so it would be useful to be able to search just on the message-ID.

For the moment that is indeed not possible.

Please note that the Table does have a Message ID column. So you can show the Message IDs and sort on them.

If you have a large amount of Message IDs to deal with, you can try the following:

• List all items in the table and add the Message ID column.
  • Export all results as a CSV, using only the Item ID and Message ID columns.
  • Use Excel or some batch script to filter the CSV so that it only contains the rows with a matching Message ID.
  • Remove the Message ID column from the CSV, so leaving only the Item IDs.
  • Import this file in the Item ID facet.

This gives you the set of items with a matching Message ID.

• Like 1

Chris, great suggestion.  Thanks.

I forgot that Message-ID is an available column.

I wonder, though, since it is already being extracted for display in the column, why it cannot be used as a search field.