Wish list/suggestions V2

PF1

Another functionality request which should be very easy :)

When working with data in the Details pane it would be very handy if when we highlight a number of items the exact number and data size was instantly and dynamically displayed next to the filter options or even within the searches window top right.

Quite often I just need a quick answer on how many files I have highlighted, right now the only way to get this answer is to tag the files. I then have to go and remove the tag to ensure my tag field doens't become cluttered.

Two years ago Adam asked for the ability to see the total size of a selected set of items and Chris said he would enter a feature request. 

This would be VERY useful but I don't see where this has been integrated.  Currently I have to export out the items as a CSV and perform the calucaltion myself, which is very time consuming when dealing with tens of thousands of items.

Is there any way to get a total size (not item count) of selected items? 

• Like 1

Two years ago Adam asked for the ability to see the total size of a selected set of items and Chris said he would enter a feature request. 

I did, and I must admit that it still has not been implemented  :mellow:  I will give it a boost in our feature tracking system.

Don't worry Chris, I've got a little spreadsheet I'm keeping of all my requests and implementation dates for those that do get applied. I planned on revisiting some of them in the weeks to come as I sense 1.7.4 release is imminent so I wanted to get some fresh in your minds again for 1.7.5 ;)

Don't worry Chris, I've got a little spreadsheet I'm keeping of all my requests and implementation dates for those that do get applied. I planned on revisiting some of them in the weeks to come as I sense 1.7.4 release is imminent so I wanted to get some fresh in your minds again for 1.7.5 ;)

Hi Adam,

The beta of what will be Intella 2.0 will be release in the next few day. We will post details to the forum when ready.. Testing by a 3rd party shows Intella V2.0 to be up to 3 times faster at indexing on a mid range computer (around 35 gigs an hour).  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just another wish to throw in the mix.

I have a long running case that is about to come to an end (8 months) and it will end up in lengthy legal proceedings which could run for years. There are over 50 custodians and close to a terabyte of indexed data along with hundreds of tags etc.

Once our part of the work concludes I want to capture the work we've done in a format that won't require me to save everything 'as is'. To that end the obvious thought is to export the hash values of the tags which would enable me to very quickly 're-tag' the work at a later stage.

Presently to accomplish this I would have to create a separate export to .csv for each tag, with several hundred tags this is not ideal.

I would simply love to be able to highlight all tags, right click and export to .csv in one go, but have separate .csv files automatically created and named for each tag. If I select only the MD5 value to be populated for the .csv files I would then very quickly capture the work and be able to replicate (or send to third parties) the work undertaken to identify that data.

My thought then is that all I need to retain is the original data and these .csv files, I would take a time hit having to re-index the original data at a later date, but this would save me having to store double the amount of physical data somewhere safe, and while hard drives are cheap I physically don't have the space to retain every single drive that is used for these jobs to archive.

Interesting idea!

Note that this will only work for emails when you index with the same Intella version. MD5's will be the same but message hashes depend on some decoded fields and MIME message data structures. Any improvements in message processing, e.g. to better respond to broken data structures in a PST file, can then affect these hashes.

A CSV for each tag with MD5, Message Hash and Message-ID columns would be a good approach IMO.

I'll have a look at the IWR approach (once I figure out what that stands for ;) ) and see if that does the job.

Christian the reason i was thinking MD5 hash only is because I was under the impression that when I import ID item lists it will only work if it's just the MD5 value. Have I got that wrong?

Edit : I just had a look at the IWR method, can't believe that didn't occur to me before. That looks like it will accomplish exactly what I need. I'll run a test later today on a small case and confirm that.

Thanks Peter

Test ran and performed well, there was one tag that didn't import correctly, however I suspect that may have more to do with the source image and the way I created the original case as I can't recall if I used Xways to recover deleted data before indexing with Intella, or if I indexed directly from the image.

All in all though the resulting IWR file is very small so this will accomplish what I need.

• 4 weeks later...

I may be missing an obvious method for accomplishing this, but I can't seem to find it in my notes or on the forum...

I have a run a keyword list search (not combined) and would like to show my client the number of results per keyword. 

The "Searches" pane at the top right of the cluster map contains this exact info inthe format I need it.

How can I export this "results" list indicating [keyword___#hits] to txt or csv or similar?

Currently the best I can do is a screen grab of the listing, which only works if the keyword list is able to be contained within the height of my screen.

Is it possible to simply export the number of results?

Using the following image as an example, I would like a CSV with:

Bulk Mail,481

the,10428

and,9288

with,11394

2014-09-23_1554.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new to the community so I am not sure if my wish was not already posted by someone else (I checked and found nothing).

I work only on corporate projects and all of them ends by handing relevant emails over to a client. Due to the regulations in my organization all outgoing electronic files must be in the PDF file. For this purpose I use Export to PDF option in Intella. The problem is that when exporting an email, the paragraph ends and blank rows in the email body are not transfered into the PDF. All formatting in the exported pdf is missing and the email text is not divided making it much harder to read. I received negative feedback from various clients regarding this issue, claiming that the files are almost unreadable.

If there is any workaround I do not know about, please I appreciate any help.

Petruf I think this is possibly due to the conversion of HTML (or other) encoded emails to PDF, as far as I'm aware the formatting will always be lost in this conversion, plus the PDF view gives technical information as well such as headers etc.

I agree the layout is not easy on the eye and if you have an email with lots of connected FWd's and CC's etc it looks very messy.

I'm not aware of any way to export the data to PDF yet maintain the formatting and style of the original email, I suspect the only way this could be accomplished would be to export to JPG or some sort of picture file which is not currently an option. 

You can cut down on the clutter by reducing the technical information that is included in the PDF export (headers, comments etc) but you will still lose the formatting and style.

I would put my support behind a request to have the ability to export to tiff or jpg (or any other format, possibly HTML) which would allow us to preserve the style and formatting of the original email yet have it in a universal 'safe to use' format. While technical people can make sense of the PDF format non techies (lawyers, clients etc) will get a headache so if we can give them something pretty and familiar it would be fantastic. The only downside I can see to this is how to deal with embedded attachments.

And while I'm here a quick question / request.

As part of the indexing process Intella appears to treat small graphic files from signatures (intella calls them embedded attachments) as normal attachments, so after indexing the details pane will list all the little .png files as attachments to the email, when in reality they are part of the body. This gives an unrealistic impression when attempting to find only emails with attachments.

Is there any way to have Intells differentiate between embedded attachments and normal attachments? 

I forsee an issue possibly if the attachment is actually embedded inline as some pictures can be, but even having a separate field for embedded attachments and normal attachments would be a great assistance until the software can tell the difference completely.

Thank you for your reply Adam,

I believe that your proposed solution (tiffing) is the one that is used in Relativity where it works really well. This feature could be complementary to the standard PDF export in Intella. The best would be if the header and details would be as it is and the body of the email would be presented the same way the attachments are.

• 1 month later...
Guest dk_mitch

I am working on a discovery case with some lawyers who have never used Intella before.

They like it and quickly get up to speed.

During the day, I was asked about three items that I did not have an answer for that could be added to a wish list of new product features :

1) Is there a way to identify the total number of pages in a group of documents ?

Reason, 50 documents for review is an unknown amount of work. Saying 50 documents with a total of 5000 pages allows them a better feeling of how much work is involved in a manual review.

2) Is there a way to list and export the search word hits per document ?

Reason, to allow reviewers to focus on documents with the highest number of hits first. Realizing that it is context we are normally looking for.

Explanation. Create a keyword list of 20 items and search your data set. Results in a list of documents where the hits occured.

Select all documents, click "Identify search hits per document" and export to a csv file for an example. Or sort from highest to lowest.

Or perhaps add an export field called "search term hits are... " ?

Yes, they have tagged items with various legal terms, but this is looking at the problem from another way. Noticed the list word count per document, but that is not the feature they are requesting. 

3) When you export a csv list of metadata, you need to import it back into excel and delimit the fields so you can sort.

Can this be the default type for the export ?

Sorry if I missed an earlier explanation in the forum for these questions or did not notice it in the manual.

Br, mitch

Hello Mitch,

1) Is there a way to identify the total number of pages in a group of documents ?

If the item has pages, then it is possible to open the item in the previewer, go to tab Properties and there will be "Page Count" property.

This information is however not available in table view. Would it be helpful to have Page Count as a column in table view? It would then either show the number of pages or zero for items which are not "page-oriented".

Please note that there are items which are not "page-oriented". An example of that is e-mail or Excel file. They do not have page dimensions specified, page breaks or anything that would signal a page division.

2) Is there a way to list and export the search word hits per document ?

This is currently not possible.

3) When you export a csv list of metadata, you need to import it back into excel and delimit the fields so you can sort.

You would like this export to already be in XLSX format rather than CSV?

I did, and I must admit that it still has not been implemented  :mellow:  I will give it a boost in our feature tracking system.

This would be VERY useful but I don't see where this has been integrated.  Currently I have to export out the items as a CSV and perform the calucaltion myself, which is very time consuming when dealing with tens of thousands of items.

Is there any way to get a total size (not item count) of selected items? 

Has this been implemented in 1.8.1?  I Have not downloaded yet.

Guest dk_mitch

Hi !

Thanks for your reply Andrej !

1) Yes, it would be very helpful to have a Page Count as a column in table view. Understanding the limitations of the documents involved, etc.

2) Hopefully it will be possible at some time to list and export the search word hits per document :)

3) When exporting the metadata fields, it would be great to have an XLSX format in addtion to a CSV

Br, mitch

• 2 weeks later...

The ability to see the number of selected items in the table, list or thumbnails view will be included in Intella 1.8.2.

The cumulative data size of the selected items is a bit more work, don't know if we will include that in the same release. What's the use case for this: billing purposes, knowing how much space an export will take, estimating OCR costs, ...?

All of the above Christiaan.

One of the many uses I use Intella for is Early Case Assessment.  Being able to easily determine the resulting data set size from a set of search criteria often guides my clients in choosing keyterms and other search criteria.  Since many times, the results get hosted by a different vendor who bills on a 'per MB/GB' basis in Relativity or similar, if a client is debating how to phrase a keyterm and one choice leads to a much larger output set, that would be very helpful to know. 

While I would love some kind of immediate 'on the fly' calculation, if it's easier, an option to calculate the total size of a given selection (highlighted items, flagged items, etc.) would probably suffice as long as Intella was not actually exporting the items to a temp location in order to make the calculation.

Others may have better/ examples of the usefulness for this but this would be my initial thought.

Thank you for the feedback. It would indeed be a deliberate user action, not something that is triggered merely by row selection in the table, due to the database work involved. A hidden export would not be needed, but all sizes need to be read from disk, which can take a considerable amount of time for a large set of items.