Basic Bates Stamping of Documents

GDIV

Daily we have to produce documents as a result of keyword searching and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to export them out of Intella and bates each page a different number.   It allows me to bates stamp the doc as the same number throughout, but this is far from what the court would accept.  Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Great news Jon, this has been a sticking point for some time and one of the hurdles we've had with our lawyer clients.

Having the ability to have the DocID numbering and bates numbering on each page independent of each other will be a fantastic capability.

I do apologize. I tested this the other day but I did not notice a new setting that was added in version 2.1. You can actually set incremental numbering for each page of a document when exporting to PDF format now.

This setting is in the File Naming and Numbering screen. Under the File numbering section, there is a new check box which allows for numbering of pages.

image.png

• 4 months later...

I am using Intella Pro 2.2. I am attempting to export as PDF a few email messages with attachments. I selected the "Number pages" checkbox, but my resulting PDF files (3x, one per email) do not contain a page number. Each of the 3x exported PDF files' names increment correctly, based upon the number of pages within each. EX: 0001.pdf, 0006.pdf, and 0010.pdf.

- But within each PDF, each page is not numbered. Is there perhaps an option I need to select on the "PDF rendering options" export page? or perhaps on the "Headers and footers" export page?

Thank you.

I did resolve my issue above (sort of). I exported as a load file (including PDF versions in the images export section). The contents of the PDFs folder is what I was wanting. I just deleted the rest of the load file pieces. I will experiment with the PDF export options some more to see how I can achieve what I wanted with just a PDF export (rather than load file).

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have similar questions regarding bates numbering.  I followed the description above and selected consecutive numbers and clicked the number pages box. I provided a small sample screen shot. Notice the pages are not sequential.  Is there way to do this? Thanks

image.png.1d77d6c4f8704207cf94cf58df2e4832.png