The text in Intella is squashed and overlapping

• 1 year later...

I'm seeing something similar to this (but not quite the same) with all tabs (except preview), and only when it comes to printing the tabs. All the text on the screen is fine, no display issues, but when you go to print the text in thos tabs in the print preview screen is all messed up, and this spacing issue follows through with the hard copy print as well.

The text spacing is off and some letters overlap, but only on those tabs, the preview tab prints just fine. Also if I save the doucment to PDF on the desktop the spacing issue dissappears.

I have looked at all the resolutions settings etc, however the issue is limited to the mentioned tabs when attempting to print so I don't think that's what's going on here.

Am just aobut to update to 2.2 so possibly the issue will go away, but curious if anyone has seen this behavour before?

Just to add to this I have tested on 3 different machines, all running Windos 7 x64, all with identical hardware and the issue only happens with 2 of the 3.

I've updated graphics drivers and played around with all the resolution settings that I can find but no difference.

I can't see any difference between the 3 machines to explain why one doesn't have the issue.

Jon are you or any of the team able to tell me what software Intells uses to render the print preview from the tabs of a previewed item? My assumption was that Intella has it's own software to render the items, but I would be interested to know the mechanism it uses. I need to solve this issue as soon as possible as this involves operational work for a government client so I can't just leave it alone and hope it fixes itself. :)

Edit: an interesting point is that when I open the print preivew screen if I click 'save' from there and save to the desktop to PDF, the formatting issue disappears. This leads me to believe that the issue is being caused by whatever Intella uses to render the print preview, this then carries through to the actual hard copy print.