Calendar & Timeline

dale

Following the over-whelming feedback from our user community we have the following two feature requests:

1. (simple) Have the previewer display calendar entries in a consistent and human readable form. The mere display of the attribute-value pairs of calendar documents is causing confusion and is indeed hard to read. This is particularly true for iCal and Notes calendar entries.
  2. (less simple) Add a view (e.g. as an alternative or variation of the cluster map) that allows the search results to be displayed on a timeline. This could be done, for instance, using easily switchable views that show the year, a month, a week or a single day (drill-down). Calendar entries should be shown as in normal outlook or Notes calendars other items should be shown as 'events'. The user should be able to choose the timestamps that are used to determine the items that are displayed on a given timeframe, i.e., calendar page should be selectable by the user. It should be possible to select multiple dates (e.g. creation, last modified etc.). Maybe items could be shown in a different color depending on whether it was the creation date, last modified or meeting start date etc. that caused the item to be displayed. When there are more items identified than can be displayed individually on the view, they should be summarized (e.g. similar to the clustermap bubbles). It should be possible to zoom in (e.g. from month-view down to day-view).

I hope you'll find these suggestions useful.

Many thanks!

Dominique

Hi Dominique!

As for the first comment - indeed we do want to improve the Contents tab for calendar and contact items. Few times we were close to start working on it, but eventually it has never been included in the release plan. I think that should finally be addressed in a near future (perhaps even 1.9.2).

I must say that I like your idea of a Calendar-like view as a replacement for Cluster Map. We want to add a timeline soon, but this perhaps is even better. I'll put some thinking into it after we release 1.9.1.

• 7 months later...

Lukasz - We are increasingly receiving critical feedback on how Intella Connect displays calendar entries (in particular the ones from Lotus Notes). We'd appreciate it if there was a way to get the display of such entries cleaned up. Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

We are planning to have this improved as much as possible in 1.9.2 (which is around the corner). This of course is purely about improved rendering of calendar entries. No work has been done in this area yet, though, so the final outcome will depend on the complexity of data and if there is some nice unified layout that covers most formats. Feel free to share your ideas about this if you want us to consider those during the design process.